Meet fellow foodies face-to-face and share your cooking secrets and favorite recipes





As a real foodie, I’m always looking for new recipes and new inspiration and I’m sure you guys are too. I also really love cooking just by myself, since no-one can get in my way when I’m at my private Kingdom (read: kitchen). But.. of course, I get my new recipes and inspiration from fellow foodies and besides that, I also really love to exchange food experiences and recipes with others. This is why I really got excited when I bumped into the new peer-to-peer marketplace Withlocals.com.







They connect food lovers/travelers from all over the world with local foodies from Southeast Asia. So, if you love traveling and like to taste the real local food, you should try a Withlocals Eat experience. You can easily book a home-dinner with a local from one of the country’s Withlocals has launched in (Malaysia, Singapore, Thailand, Indonesia, Vietnam, Sri Lanka and Nepal).

Imagine.. you’re traveling to Singapore and you really love to try the real Singaporean food and maybe, also get some insights in those recipes. You can go on a home-dinner with a local, who will tell you all the ins and outs about his or her knowledge of Singaporean recipes. Of course, in exchange for some of your secrets.







To the foodies who live in one of the Withlocals countries: you guys can host home-dinners yourself! This way, you can show off your cooking skills and share your love for cooking with fellow foodies and .. earn some extra money by doing so! Besides an Eat experience, you can also offer a Tour or an Activity.

Got excited? Just easily register here, describe your signature dish and everything else the travelers can expect from your home-dinner, and you’re good to go! Enjoy exchanging recipes and talk ‘foodie-talk’ with your new friend!







I couldn’t help myself from nosing around in all those great home-dinners. When I would visit Malaysia in the near future, I would consider those two possibilities: the healthy diner in Petaling Jaya or the cooking class in Kuala Lumpur.

What would you choose? Please let me know!








Previous
Next Post »